Payments are accepted at the Municipal Office, located at 5 J. E. Hatfield Court in Tusket, NS., Monday to Friday (8:30 am to 4:30 pm).
We accept cash, cheques, debit card and credit card. Credit cards are processed via Paymentus Corporation, which charges a 1.75% convenience fee.
- Pre-Authorized Payment: Pre-Authorized payment Application Form - pdf French (414 KB) / pdf English (410 KB)
- Online Banking: Through most financial institutions (contact your financial institution for instructions on online banking services.)
- By Mail: PO Box 10, Tusket, NS B0W 3M0
Payment by Credit Card
The Municipality of Argyle has partnered with Paymentus Corporation to bring you the convenience of paying your tax bill by credit card-24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Paymentus Corporation is a third-party automated payment service that accepts Visa and MasterCard.
This service can be accessed:
- Online: payments Paymentus Corporation
- By phone: toll-free 1-877-742-7730.
In order to use this service, please be prepared with the municipal account number (source number on reminder) indicated on your tax bill, the outstanding balance owed on your bill, and your credit card details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How will I receive confirmation of payment?
For each payment you make via this service, you will receive a confirmation number. The Municipality will receive an immediate notification of the payment and it will be posted to your account on the next business day.
Why is there a Service Fee?
Paymentus charges a fee for the use of their service to cover the costs of payment handling and processing.
Does the Municipality of Argyle receive any part of the fee?
The Municipality of Argyle does not receive any part of the service fee. Paymentus is an independent third-party company providing a service for the Municipality of Argyle.
How much will I be paying in convenience fees?
The convenience fee is 1.75% of your payment amount. For example:
- Payment of $500.00 = Paymentus Convenience Fee of $8.75
- Payment of $1056.12 = Paymentus Convenience Fee of $18.49