The Municipality of Argyle employs a municipal fire inspector as required by the Fire Safety Act of Nova Scotia. The inspector carries out a system of inspections on the following occupancies:
- Assembly occupancies (churches, community halls, licensed establishments, restaurants, theatres, rinks, gymnasiums, museums)
- Residential occupancies containing 4 or more dwelling units (apartments, motels, hotels)
- Business and personal service occupancies (offices, banks and service shops)
- Mercantile occupancies (stores, markets and retail outlets)
- Industrial occupancies (workshops, factories, warehouses, repair garages, gas stations)
Call or visit the Property Inspection and Public Works Department on the 2nd floor of the Municipal Office.