The Municipality of Argyle has made a commitment to become a more sustainable community. The first step down this path was to approve an pdf Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (1.94 MB) in March 2015. Also, the pdf Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) (9.28 MB) and pdf Land Use By-Law (LUB) (6.13 MB) were recently reviewed and updated in 2020.
What kind of community do you want for your children and grandchildren? The Planning Advisory Committee has been appointed by Council as the committee to oversee this planning process. All PAC meetings are open to the public and held on the last Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm in the Council chambers of the municipal building in Tusket.
The Municipal Planning Strategy is designed to address, but is not limited to, the following:
- future land use within the municipality,
- The manner of, and proposals for, future development in the municipality,
- co-ordination of land use, future growth patterns, and other infrastructure with adjacent municipalities if there is no inter-municipal development plan, with respect to those matters in those municipalities,
- provision of required transportation systems, either generally or specifically, within the municipality and in relation to adjacent municipalities, and
- provision of municipal services and facilities either generally or specifically.
The Land Use Bylaw provides information and guidance for development and subdivisions within the Municipality.
Amendments to zoning and to the Land Use Bylaw as well as all development and subdivisions within the Municipality are looked after by the Planning and Development Department.