Argyle has a wide variety of physical activity infrastructure and opportunities available. Walking the scenic trails that span across our municipality or taking a canoe out for a sail on one of our many lakes, are two examples of how we can be active in Argyle. Golfing, swimming, hiking, biking- the opportunities are endless. The Active Living Coordinator can help your business as well with helpful tips on how to make your workplace a safer and healthier place to work.
Did you know? In the Municipality of Argyle…
- The school playgrounds are available for anyone to use at their own risk after school hours.
- There is a playground in East Pubnico, next to the Fire Hall, and one in Lower Wedgeport at the Parc des Jeunes.
- We have 47 km of trails. These are great routes for biking, running, or walking. They are senior-friendly as well with resting benches along the way.
- Pubnico Point Trail - https://goo.gl/maps/4bPfaE8Y35zG92B27
- Wedgeport Nature Trail - https://goo.gl/maps/WVuVTzG72PjiBpr18
- Chebeck Road Trail - https://goo.gl/maps/YG9bevyffGoZ1QvK8
- Rocco Point Chapel & Trail - https://goo.gl/maps/Pq3ybCWpGjgpkHty6
- Comeau's Hill Road Trail - https://goo.gl/maps/LW6D5fdwqcZrbuNW8
- Glenwood Provincial Park has improved their waterfront allowing better access to the lake for swimming and kayaking.
- There are youth floor hockey and dodge ball drop-in evening programs.
- There are pickleball drop-in programs.
- There are three ball fields open for recreational use.
- There is a track & field at Ecole secondaire de Par-en-bas available for use after school hours. It’s great for walking or running!
For up-to-date events please “like” our Active Living – Municipality of Argyle Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/activelivingargyle)