Guy Surette – Councillor since 2008
Amirault’s Hill, Sluice Point, Surette’s Island and Morris Island.
Councillor Guy Surette lives in Surette’s Island with his wife Patsy. He has two children, Giles and Joline and three grandchildren Lily, Jude and Minya.
Guy recently retired after operating Tusket Ultramart for the past 46 years. He volunteers on many committees such as Islands and District Volunteer Fire Department, serving as chief for the first 6 years it was established. He is also president of St Joseph Church Council, leadership team for Notre Dame de l'Assomption Parish and on its finance committee.
Guy is committed to good governance, transparency and sound fiscal management for our municipality.
Member of the following committees:
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Fire Committee
- Tusket Wastewater Management Committee
- Municipal Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Yarmouth and Area Industrial Commission
- Western Region Sold Waste-Resource Management Authority
- Western Regional Enterprise Network Liaison and Oversight Committee
- Yarmouth International Airport Corporation
- Mariner Center Expansion Steering Committee
RR # 2 Tusket, Box 202-A, Nova Scotia B0W 3M0
Phone: (902) 648-3347 (h)
Business: (902) 648-2223